Guidelines for Submissions
We are looking for very well written works that will make the reader want more.
We welcome any art that would accompany a submission. The art submitted may belong to the author or to another artist and would be published under the artist's name.
You don’t need to sign your submissions with your real name however, if necessary, especially for real stories, please, indicate the geographical area where you live, like Midwestern US or France, Europe or southeast Europe or Asia. Of course you will use your real name for submission as well as contact information so that we could pay for submission or for the prize if the readers’ vote goes your way
* Political, social and cultural essays - not necessarily on trending issues as nothing is really obscure and there are things that wait to be discovered and shared
* Satirical representation of a group or of society in general - can be created as a short story or an essay or comic bands. We would love to see a comic band - could target any brackets of age or to a specific one
* Poems and poetry
Important: style and vocabulary
* Interviews - you can interview an author or newspaper people or even a teacher or any other person who is in the position of influencing people's character or their future career. You should be able to invite comments and further discussions
* Portraits - not necessarily of someone famous. We are looking for portraits of everyday people but might represent an oddity or touch a special emotional string. We aren't talking about a description ad litteram but in a specific context, through actions.
* Social reporting or fun reporting: write about issues close to your heart; about something you believe in; about a change you want to see or a polemic on a specific subject; you can choose to make people think or laugh or feel joy, sadness, pleasure or sorrow
* Book reviews -a review of any book that caught your interest. Your review could invite to comments and discussions and we would even welcome you to develop a blog if your reviews warrant it. Your can even lead to the creation of a book club online
Be bold and creative: you can work on everything else
Royalties & Fees
Regular submissions - no reading fee.
Submit by sending your work by email to: email@example.com
For poems - you should submit between 3 and 5 poems (we accept one poem only exceptionally)
For fiction, non-fiction, reviews, series and interviews, we accept maximum 30 k words but we prefer around 5000 words.
Submissions should be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as a word attachment.
SCARLET LEAF LITERARY COMPETITION
There will be four competitions per year - deadlines for submission:
January 31 - for essays
April 30 - for short-stories
August 15 - for poems
October 30 - for novellas
There will be three prizes awarded: $ 100; $75; $50
Reading fee for submission: $ 15
The reading fee can be paid through PayPal at email@example.com