The 21st century is a time when borders are blurred. Nations come together and start communicating, seeing the greater picture. Human rights and humanitarian efforts seem to be at the top of the agenda, together with environmental issues.
Migration has had a huge impact in redefining perceptions, and cultures and ideas across frontiers, making it much easier than ever before, due to the presence of the Internet in everyday life. There are definite changes in how people define themselves and in the position they take vis-a-vis social and political issues, equality in rights, racism, first nations issues, sex parity and so on.
Now, more than ever, people of the written word or of fantasy put on canvas, as well as those stringing notes one after another to bring emotion in the foreground, should also spread their thoughts worldwide without the boundaries of conventional frontiers.
To find a niche in the rich literary world and once we have done that to let the writers and artists, either old or young, have their say.
To promote various genre and provide writers with access to publication.
To offer a forum for authors and artists whose works challenges the accepted forms and modes of expression.
To encourage the appreciation of the contemporary literature and art and to expand the world of readers.
Our mission is to erase borders and unite thoughts – no matter how divergent they are – under one umbrella. To give voice to emerging writers and offer a “canvas” to future world renowned artists.
DISCLAIMER: NO OPINIONS OR BELIEFS PRESENTED IN THE LITERARY WORKS PUBLISHED ON THIS SITE REPRESENT THE OPINIONS OR BELIEFS OF THE EDITORIAL STAFF. THEY BELONG TO THE AUTHORS, AND SCARLET LEAF REVIEW IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE OPINIONS OR BELIEFS.
1. Every submission is read - and that's a promise. The works that meet our standards will be published in the online publication.
2. We do not mind simultaneous submissions as long as you let us know promptly if your story is accepted elsewhere.
3. We're happy to consider stories that have appeared on a blog, an online magazine, or in Kindle (or other self-published) form as long as fewer than 250 copies have been sold.
4. Our contracts are as simple, sensible, and as fair as possible. YOU OWN YOUR STORY. When we accept a story for publication, we ask only for first-publication rights. That means that once we have published your story, you are free to do whatever you want with that story.
5. We respect your privacy and never share your information with anyone.
We welcome the opportunity to read your delightful works.